We do love a summer wedding. The warm nights, the beautiful locations, the blissful smiles on the faces of the happy couple…but as you get ready to put in appearances at many a joyous celebration, a niggling panic takes hold: wedding-guest fashion is a tricky issue. It’s all about looking enticing enough to make an impression, all while steering clear of looking like you’re trying to upstage the bride (no white!) Throw in the tricky British summer weather and you’ve got yourself a wardrobe dilemma. But fear not, this week’s top ten is all about being the best-dressed wedding guest. Take a look at our most stylish picks.
1. Created with lightweight jersey with a pastel floral motif, this super-chic catwalk design from Burberry is a wedding-goer’s dream.
2. Draped, dreamy and delicately feminine, this eye-catching dress from J.Crew that will have you showered with compliments.
3. The lacy design of this Valentino creation is romantic and fresh, making this investment piece ideal for a summer party.
4. Take your style cue from another era – this Gathering Goddess 70s sleeveless gown has a timeless flowing feel, perfect for an outdoor wedding.
5. Sumptuously soft and beautifully cut, this spaghetti-strap maxi dress from Outsider is made from a bamboo and organic cotton blend jersey with a silk lining.
6. We love this sleeveless flared dress from Tetaum Jones – colourful enough to make you stand out from the wedding-guest crowd.
7. The ultimate romantic summer dress from Betty B – the ruched trim adds a girly touch to the sensual low-cut back
8. This beautiful Beulah floral-print dress will ensure you won’t go unnoticed – while staying demure enough to keep all eyes on the bride.
9. Flirty and elegant at the same time, this Donna Karan gown is a true show stopper.
10. Not sure what to wear to a beachy wedding? This Moroccan-inspired kaftan dress from Muzungu Sisters brings instant elegance to a tropical party.