Asgar, Celebrity stylist at the luxurious Daniel Galvin salon in Baker Street, gives his top 5 summer hair care essentials.
1. Chlorine control: When on holiday it’s only natural to have a dip in the pool on those hot summer days. Being clued up on chlorine treated pools can avoid both unnecessary and annoying colour damage. Damage can be reduced by shampooing hair directly after swimming and treating with an intense conditioning treatment.
2. Sea inspired waves: Tousled effortless hair is one of the sexiest styles this summer. Achieve this extremely easy to achieve and gorgeous hair style by adding some salt to your styling routine. Rough body and interesting texture can be added instantly to the hair by using a salt spray or surf styling product, perfect in keeping with this season’s hottest hair styles.
3. Turn up the volume: Think big this summer for gorgeous hot evening hair styles. Before styling add some mousse to damp wet hair combing through with a wide tooth comb, adding mousse before drying should add instant volume and oomph to your hair do once completed. This added va va voom is essential for any party look for a summer’s night out.
4. Deep Sea Conditioning: During the summer month’s hair often becomes dull and dry after exposure to more frequent soaking and drying. Control of unmanageable hair can be achieved by completing extensive conditioning treatments at least once a week. This regular treatment will smooth hair delivering control over hair and unruly static hair strands. To ensure complete protection for your hair against the summer sun ensure you are using an SPF hair spray to prevent any unwanted sun damage.
5. Shining through: The simple use of shine mist can add instant life transforming dull and tired locks. On the other hand overly greasy hair can look equally as limp, be sure to have some dry shampoo at the ready should this occur! Dry shampoo can help absorb any excess oils keeping your roots dry ensuring the ‘summer bounce’ remains in your hair.